Coaching Skills for Managers (Online - Summer 2021) is a Course
Coaching Skills for Managers (Online - Summer 2021)
Ended Jul 31, 2021
Sorry! The enrollment period is currently closed. Please check back soon.
Full course description
This course is designed to help a manager bring the best out of every employee so that team members become more effective, productive and committed.
- Recall methods for probing deeper in conversations with employees
- Determine which aspect of a challenge to avoid when determining the challenge an employee can undertake
- Recognize questions that generate the greatest number of ideas during a brainstorming session
- Explain the advantage of using focused feedback with an employee
- Identify the potential benefits of listening and using open-ended questions with an employee who is unhappy with her or her job
- List the best arrangement for delegating responsibility
- Recognize the characteristics of the five phases of the team development cycle
- Explain the importance of taking time to build genuine personal relationships with team members
- Identify the element that begins and ends the development cycle
- Determine when to CC someone on a message
- Recall the benefits of organizing venues for casual or informal contact among virtual team members
- Summarize the steps to take following a discreet meeting with a difficult team member
Note that GSU employees:
- Use Campus ID/password to access course in the Stacks/Canvas learning system
- Are responsible for completing all course requirements of each learning Module
- Complete any courses by the close of business Fri, July 30, 2021
- Will receive completion certificates for course completion (must click & read all components)
- Are valued by TMO for your commitment to maintain and learn new knowledge and skills!