Full course description
This course is designed to help a manager bring the best out of every employee so that team members become more effective, productive and committed.
- Recall methods for probing deeper in conversations with employees.
- Determine which aspect of a challenge to avoid when determining the challenge an employee can undertake.
- Recognize questions that generate the greatest number of ideas during a brainstorming session.
- Explain the advantage of using focused feedback with an employee.
- Identify the potential benefits of listening and using open-ended questions with an employee who is unhappy with her or her job.
- List the best arrangement for delegating responsibility.
- Recognize the characteristics of the five phases of the team development cycle.
- Explain the importance of taking time to build genuine personal relationships with team members.
- Identify the element that begins and ends the development cycle.
- Determine when to CC someone on a message.
- Recall the benefits of organizing venues for casual or informal contact among virtual team members.
- Summarize the steps to take following a discreet meeting with a difficult team member.
Note that GSU employees:
- Use Campus ID/password to access course in the Stacks/Canvas learning system
- Are responsible for completing all course requirements of each learning Module
- Complete any courses by the close of business Dec. 18, 2020
- Will receive completion certificates for course completion (must click & read all components)
- Are valued by TMO for your commitment to maintain and learn new knowledge and skills!