Full course description
Critical Thinking enables you to think independently, make better decisions, solve problems systematically, and think more creatively. With Critical Thinking in your toolkit, you will be able to detect inconsistencies and common mistakes in reason, recognize your own assumptions and biases, identify the importance and relevance of various ideas, and reach well-reasoned conclusions and solutions.
- Comparing critical and strategic thinking
- Minimizing bad judgements
- Recognizing cognitive bias
- Using counterfactual thinking
- Overcoming loss aversion
- Avoiding logical fallacies
- Creating a culture of critical thinking
Note that GSU employees:
- Use Campus ID/password to access course in the Stacks/Canvas learning system
- Are responsible for completing all course requirements of each learning Module
- Can register for courses as enrollment will remain open with no closing date
- Are encouraged to share experiences with other learners in Discussions
- Will receive completion certificates for course completion
- Are valued by TMO for your commitment to maintain and learn new knowledge and skills!