Full course description
The world of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) can be both empowering and overwhelming at times. How can someone get started in this space? In this course, Dereca Blackmon highlights how you can play an important role in DEIB. Dereca explains key terminology and the business case for diversity, then dives into best practices for diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity. She covers how biases can impact recruiting and hiring, as well as the importance of inclusive communication, sponsorship, and mentorship. Dereca goes over why belonging matters, how to interrupt microaggressions, how to evaluate your organization for transparency and accountability, and much more. Everyone has a role to play in diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging practices!
- Describe diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, best practices
Note that GSU employees:
- Use Campus ID/password to access course in the Stacks/Canvas learning system
- Are responsible for completing all course requirements of each learning Module
- Can register for courses as enrollment will remain open with no closing date
- Will receive completion certificates for course completion
- Are valued by TMO for your commitment to maintain and learn new knowledge and skills!