Foundations of Supervision (Online - Summer 2021) is a Course
Foundations of Supervision (Online - Summer 2021)
Ended Jul 31, 2021
Sorry! The enrollment period is currently closed. Please check back soon.
Full course description
Basic supervisory skills are indispensable if you lead employees or teams at Georgia State University. Supervision involves far more than “telling people what to do.” This course will provide foundational instruction and techniques for supervisors to succeed in leading others.
- Communicating with your colleagues
- Identify when to use the phone or send an email
- Interpret nonverbal cues
- Ask your boss the right questions
- Know when to listen and when to speak
- Communicate in tricky situations
- Handle an interruption
- Respond to critical feedback
- explore how to communicate as an introvert
- Delegate with authority and accountability
- Motivate employees
- Conduct motivational one-on-one reviews
Note that GSU employees:
- Use Campus ID/password to access course in the Stacks/Canvas learning system
- Are responsible for completing all course requirements of each learning Module
- Complete any courses by the close of business Fri, July 30, 2021
- Will receive completion certificates for course completion (must click & read all components)
- Are valued by TMO for your commitment to maintain and learn new knowledge and skills!