Foundations of Supervision (Online) is a Course
Foundations of Supervision (Online)
Ended Dec 19, 2020
Sorry! The enrollment period is currently closed. Please check back soon.
Full course description
Basic supervisory skills are indispensable if you lead employees or teams at Georgia State University. Supervision involves far more than “telling people what to do.” This course will provide foundational instruction and techniques for supervisors to succeed in leading others.
- Communicating with your colleagues
- When to use the phone or send an email
- Interpreting nonverbal cues
- Asking your boss the right questions
- Knowing when to listen and when to speak
- Communicating in tricky situations
- Handling an interruption
- Responding to critical feedback
- How to communicate as an introvert
- Delegate with authority and accountability
- Motivate employees
- Conduct motivational one-on-one reviews
Note that GSU employees:
- Use Campus ID/password to access course in the Stacks/Canvas learning system
- Are responsible for completing all course requirements of each learning Module
- Complete any courses by the close of business Dec. 18, 2020
- Will receive completion certificates for course completion (must click & read all components)
- Are valued by TMO for your commitment to maintain and learn new knowledge and skills!