Full course description
Equip yourself with knowledge and impactful strategies that can help you successfully manage, counsel, and lead a diverse team. First, prepare yourself to lead by identifying cornerstones of diversity and reviewing diversity and inclusion terminology. Then explore strategies for observing and coaching your team to cultivate behaviors that build trust and strengthen relationships.
- Explain how and why to maintain an open-door policy
- Describe the components and function of a team agreement
- Explain how a manager’s style and behavior can influence team dynamics
- Describe the importance of valuing diverse inputs and allowing freedom of expression
- Explain how and why a manager should document actions and experiences
Note that GSU employees:
- Use Campus ID/password to access course in the Stacks/Canvas learning system
- Are responsible for completing all course requirements of each learning Module
- Can register for courses as enrollment will remain open with no closing date
- Will receive completion certificates for course completion
- Are valued by TMO for your commitment to maintain and learn new knowledge and skills!